Educate yourself with TaxTips
It’s tough to know the most up-to-date information about your taxes – what can and cannot be deducted? You won’t be in the dark when our trusted professionals help you take advantage of nuanced tax opportunities that will help you and your business thrive.
Learn more when you click on the links. Each season your understanding will accumulate. You’ll become an expert, too.
We can help you navigate complicated tax law and develop an accurate position analysis for your business. Your tax, accounting, and bookkeeping needs will be taken care of by people who care about your success. With over 40 years of experience, Greg LaVier can assist you with your small business and personal tax needs.
We are never “closed for the summer”. Don’t deal with IRS or other tax notices on your own. We are open year round to provide any support you may need.
Small Business Owners • Winter 2018
- The party’s over: Deduction for entertainment expenses no longer allowed
- To be or not to be: What type of business is best?
- Is your pay reasonable? Maybe it’s time to reexamine
- Vehicle depreciation: Higher deduction allowed
- Employee achievement awards: Are they deductible?
- Employee vs. independent contractor
- What are leasehold improvements? New law oversight
Keeping You Informed • Winter 2018
- Tax credit for children and qualifying dependents: How much are you eligible for?
- Disabled? An ABLE account can help you save
- Income taxes: Check your withholding to avoid surprises
- Combat-zone workers: Certain income not excludable
- Charitable contributions: Donate via your IRA
- Out-of-pocket business expenses: Ask your employer to set up an accountable reimbursement plan instead
- Schedule A deductions: New law instills limitation
- Post-2018 alimony agreements: Irrelevant for tax purposes
Keeping You Informed • Summer 2019
- Health Savings Accounts: A closer look at the benefits
- Using An IRA To Make Charitable Contributions: A tax-free way to help your favorite cause
- Turning 70-1/2? Don’t forget about your RMD
- W-4 Mid-Year Checkup: Reviewing your estimates
- Getting Married or Divorced? Things you need to know when changing your name or address
- Making Home Improvements? Rules for deducting interest on home equity debt
Small Business Owners • Summer 2019
- Reasonable Compensation: Is Your S Corp paying you enough?
- Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangements: What to look for and how to protect yourself
- Hiring Family Members: Tax-saving strategies
- Choosing the Right Retirement Plan: Ask yourself three simple questions
- Tax-free Reimbursements of Business Expenses: Accountable plan basics
- Working in the Gig Economy: Tax tips for ride-sharing drivers